There are hundreds of ways to achieve a good result to a DUI case. I begin every case by completing a thorough investigation. I utilize the open records laws and subpoena powers of the Court get full information regarding your case. Some of the information I might request in your case might include:
- the arresting officers’ training records and personnel/IA files;
- the criminal history on any witness that might testify against you;
- the police report, the DUI report, the narrative report, and any supplemental reports regarding your investigation and arrest;
- the video of your stop, arrest, and implied consent warning;
- the jail video from your booking process;
- your booking photo to rebut the officers testimony regarding your appearance;
- cellular phone records to set up a timeline of events;
- police dispatch records to rebut the officer’s testimony regarding timing issues;
- police vehicle inventory log to prove whether the officer could have videotaped your arrest;
- the medical intake form at the jail;
- vehicle location history to show where the officer was before and after your arrest; and
- pictures of the scene to impeach the officers testimony that the road surface was suitable for field sobriety evaluations.
Breathalyzer machine related information I will gather may include:
- the breathalyzer logs to show irregular patterns in intox results indicating that it was malfunctioning;
- quarterly inspections records regarding the breathalyzer machine that you blew into;
- quarterly breathalyzer inspection certificates; and
- the jail video of you blowing into the breathalyzer machine.
- the breathalyzer repair records.